an average man

Looking in the mirror I see a man look back.
I know very little about where he has been or where he will end up.
I only wish to be a part of the journey he is on.
I see the face looking back at me, staring deep into my eyes and deep into my soul.
I felt his sadness as he did mine.
A tear crept down my cheeks as it did his.
In that we are the same; filled with deep rooted sadness about our inadequacies, weighted down by our rudimentary understanding of this universe.

The man in the mirror looks away in disappointment.
I could not bare his sight too.
I know he is as disappointed in me as I in him and he in himself.
For what made me an average man, if not the man in the mirror.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Short or Long

HOW HUMANISTS CAN HELP SHAPE THE FUTURE - A beginner’s guide from a beginner

My Father’s Sun