Skepticism
It took me a while but I'm finally here... Yes, I'm a skeptic. I know I said I didn't like labels, but this one suits me best. It just defines my greatest trait, my skepticism. For one, I am never sure of anything; not even gravity. I'm like 99.9% certain that if i jump out of the 4th floor window, I'll die; but I still have some iota of doubt. Similarly, I'm 99.99% sure that there is no god or gods, or if there were, they care less what happens to us as individuals or to the collective.
With gravity, I have proof, borne from statistical and physical data. With the gods, same thing. The level of indifference to the suffering of individuals, groups and nations as shown by the (hypothetical) gods seems to be proof enough that only humans care about humans and empathy is not a trait of the god(s). Suffice to say, the actions of those with god(s) on their side informs more to the narcissistic, ego-maniacal, apathetic nature of their supposed god(s) and the indifference of the supposed god(s) to defend their honour.
Then again, there is a chance we are in a matrix, and my algorithm is acting up. I still have my doubts.
With gravity, I have proof, borne from statistical and physical data. With the gods, same thing. The level of indifference to the suffering of individuals, groups and nations as shown by the (hypothetical) gods seems to be proof enough that only humans care about humans and empathy is not a trait of the god(s). Suffice to say, the actions of those with god(s) on their side informs more to the narcissistic, ego-maniacal, apathetic nature of their supposed god(s) and the indifference of the supposed god(s) to defend their honour.
Then again, there is a chance we are in a matrix, and my algorithm is acting up. I still have my doubts.
Comments
Post a Comment