funny you should ask!
It seems only prudent that if one wants to look into a bottle, that one should not be in that bottle, or any bottle for that matter.
Many people (including my closest friends) believe me to be a borderline crazy person whose only true quality is his satiric humor. Most people do not comprehend that the child is the father of the man, ergo, I am the product of my upbringing. At a point in time, I had all the labels and saw what everyone else was seeing.
And then i did the unthinkable; I questioned my faiths.
I asked the whys and hows and are you sures so many times and got so many different answers that I came to understand the truth to be not one, but, a multifaceted mercurial creature with infinite domain. So I arrived at the first sentence of this discourse.
Once I came across a question posed by an eight year old to a priest (I believe I was sixteen then) that made me question the manner in which I thought. This eight year old made me realize that Rationality (the foundation on which all reasoning should be based) is lacking if one is subjective. The question posed was in three parts;
a. Is God all powerful?
b. Is God the Creator of everything?
c. If God is all powerful and the Creator, can he create a rock so big and heavy that He (God) cannot carry?!
Many people (including my closest friends) believe me to be a borderline crazy person whose only true quality is his satiric humor. Most people do not comprehend that the child is the father of the man, ergo, I am the product of my upbringing. At a point in time, I had all the labels and saw what everyone else was seeing.
And then i did the unthinkable; I questioned my faiths.
I asked the whys and hows and are you sures so many times and got so many different answers that I came to understand the truth to be not one, but, a multifaceted mercurial creature with infinite domain. So I arrived at the first sentence of this discourse.
Once I came across a question posed by an eight year old to a priest (I believe I was sixteen then) that made me question the manner in which I thought. This eight year old made me realize that Rationality (the foundation on which all reasoning should be based) is lacking if one is subjective. The question posed was in three parts;
a. Is God all powerful?
b. Is God the Creator of everything?
c. If God is all powerful and the Creator, can he create a rock so big and heavy that He (God) cannot carry?!
"The discovery of truth is prevented more effectively, not by the false appearance of things present and which mislead into error, not directly by weakness of the reasoning powers, but by preconceived notions, opinion, and by prejudice." Arthur Schopenhauer
Comments
Post a Comment