An ode to Maybe

true word amongst words
a knight of words in shining amour

I have fallen in lust for the last time .... maybe
I shall taste of this bitterness no more.... maybe
We shall not caress flesh to flesh and sweet nothings to unintelligible murmuring no more ... maybe
Maybe I will wake up and this will be the harmattan  of 2001, before my innocence was robbed of me so sweetly.

what hope Maybe brings
the possibilities of wishing on opportunity costs
the allure of impossible futures and plain wishful thinking
oh thank the gods for Maybe and the gods are thankful for Maybe they exist

Maybe, Maybe, Maybe...
I will sacrifice my dreams to you and Maybe, you will answer me
I will sing of your praise on nights with clear skies as i count the stars and wish for a falling one
I will say, Maybe if i wish on a falling star .... i could only dream

Maybe, you will make a better poet of me someday

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Short or Long

HOW HUMANISTS CAN HELP SHAPE THE FUTURE - A beginner’s guide from a beginner

My Father’s Sun