Cecilia

Your name evokes images of grand mother's smile as she dishes out her famous banku with okra stew.

I have always enjoyed how your joy has no filter and clearly no boundaries
Escaping to touch all around you
With a smile
With a hug
A hug
You
Light on your feet
You float through life a free spirit
Inhibited only by the fleeting fear of the wrath of your fantasy and the harsh reality of society's role for you
Today
Today I saw you smile again
Today I saw you light on your feet once more
An angel, a nymph, a mythical creature to put the deities of beauty to shame
Today I saw a circle pray around you
Wishing you well as you journey to another beginning
I prayed too
Not to any deity in particular but to the universe
I prayed the the odds will forever be in your favour
That your feet will remain light and your joy boundless
That you shall remain always Cecilia
Bringing memories of childhood delights and grandmother's smiles to everyone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Short or Long

HOW HUMANISTS CAN HELP SHAPE THE FUTURE - A beginner’s guide from a beginner

My Father’s Sun